You’ll receive an email that the developer is working on your new Data Collector, and you will be notified when your collector is ready.
Status of the request can also be found on your dashboard :
You can use this form to communicate any issues you have with the platform, the collector, or the dataset results.
Tickets will be assigned to a different department depending on selected issue type. Please make sure to choose the most relevant type.*
Select a job ID : issued Dataset
Select a type of the issue
This option is only available for managed collectors. Tickets will be sent direct to your collector engineer.
- Missing fields
- Missing records
- Missing values
- Parsing issues: The dataset results are incorrect
This type of tickets will be addressed to our support agents.
- Incomplete delivery: Something went wrong during the delivery
- Collector is slow: The collector is collecting results slowly or stuck
This type of tickets will be addressed to your account manager.
- UI issue : UI does not operate correctly
- Product question: General questions regarding using Data Collector product
- Something else is going wrong
(Parsing issues) Use the “bug” red icon to indicate where the incorrect results are
(Parsing issues) Enter the results you expect to receive
Write a description of what went wrong and the URL where the data is collected
If needed, attach an image to support your report
When input/output schema is updated, the collector needs to be updated to match new schema. If the collector is in work and not updated yet, you’ll see ‘Incompatible input/output schema’ error.
via the API
If you want to initiate it ignoring schema change, you can click ‘Trigger anyway’ on UI. API, you can add
- output schema incompatible:
- input schema incompatible:
parameter when triggering the collector:
curl "https://api.brightdata.com/dca/trigger?collector=ID_COLLECTOR&queue_next=1&override_incompatible_schema=1" \
-H "Content-Type: application/json" \
-H "Authorization: Bearer API_TOKEN" \
We store the last 1000 errors inside the virtual job record so you can see example inputs that were wrong (there’s a CP button to view the errors in the IDE).
The customer should already know which inputs were wrong because they got an ‘error’ response for them. You can re-run these manually in the IDE to see what happened. This is just like providing a CURL request example when the unblocker isn’t behaving right.
Select “Report an issue” from the Bright Data Control Panel. Once you report your issue, an automatic ticket will be assigned to one of our 14 developers that monitor all tickets on a dailybasis. Make sure to provide details of what the problem is, and if you are not sure, please contact your account manager. Once you report an issue, you don’t need to do anything else, and you’ll receive an email confirming that the issue was reported.
Please provide the following information when reporting an issue:
- Select the type of problem you’re facing (for example: getting the wrong results/missing data points/the results never loaded/delivery issue/ UI issue/collector is slow/IDE issue/other)
- Please describe in detail the problem that you are facing
- You may upload a file that describes the problem
After reporting an issue, we’ll automatically open a ticket that will be promptly handled by our R&D Department.